JFK Medical Center Muhlenberg Harold B. & Dorothy A. Snyder Schools
By virtue of an agreement between Union County College and JFK Medical Center Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder Schools, Plainfield, NJ., sponsored by JFK Medical Center, Edison, NJ. Union County College confers a degree of Associate in Science upon graduates of the Hospital-sponsored school who have fulfilled the requirements for the degree specified by the College.
Students in the program earn college credits in English, mathematics, biology, physics, psychology, computer systems and a humanities elective in classes and laboratories conducted at Union County College. Radiography courses are the primary responsibility of the program.
Students do not need to complete the general education courses in order to apply to the Radiography program.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners accredit JFK Medical Center Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder School of Radiography.
Students are enrolled in the School of Radiography and are matriculated by Union County College. They are eligible To participate in all student activities at Union County College and have the same rights and privileges as all other college students.
Students interested in the program should contact the JFK Medical Center Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder Schools at (908) 668-2400 or (908) 668-2844. For additional information, please visit the school website at www.jfkmuhlenbergschool.org.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Successfully complete the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Board Examination in Radiography;
- Exhibit the appropriate skills and competency of an entry level Radiographer including:
- Competency in performing routine and nonroutine (trauma) examinations in Radiography
- Practicing appropriate basic patient care
- Utilizing proper radiation protection for their patients, themselves, peers and others
- Demonstration of proper and effective communication skills while speaking and writing
- Practice appropriate professional ethics of a Radiographer;
- Demonstrate appropriate problem solving and critical thinking skills necessary to be a proficient healthcare provider;
- Understand the benefits of additional personal and professional growth and lifelong learning skills necessary for the changing field of Radiography.