Option offered through Liberal Arts
In this multidisciplinary degree, students are provided with a theoretical and practical understanding of the artistic as well as commercial area of graphic design. Students receive training in a wide range of activities including typography, publication design, computer-aided graphic design, and web design. Students create digital works using cutting-edge software, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Animate.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Distinguish the appropriate color and paper selection for print and non-print media;
- Create a portfolio that demonstrates competency in graphic design;
- Demonstrate, both orally and in writing, the theoretical skills involved in creating visuals, combining images and typography;
- Apply critical thinking skills and aesthetic essentials seen throughout the history of graphic design;
- Utilize digital design software and website development tools to prepare graphic examples.