Option offered through Business
This program offers a strong foundation for students wishing to major in either public and/or business administration. Upon completion students may transfer to a four-year institution where they can continue their studies in either public or business administration. The courses in this program are designed to develop analytical and quantitative skills as well as familiarity with the basic characteristics of government and business organizations.
The Public Administration program provides students with a solid professional education. It meets the 45 credit general education distribution requirements mandated for all Associate in Arts degree programs by the State of New Jersey. In addition to this substantial liberal arts component with a strong focus on government and history, this option is linked to the business program and includes courses in accounting, business administration, economics, and computer literacy. This is a substantial program geared to professionals in the field of public administration and for students seeking to transfer to a four-year institution where they can continue their studies.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Explain the application of macro-economic and micro-economic theories and concepts in a mixed market economy;
- Describe the principles governing ethical behavior in the public administration profession;
- Communicate effectively in written, verbal, and electronic formats;
- Analyze the principles and practices in the field of public administration management;
- Utilize technology as it applies to business practices and research.
After Union County College
This program is designed to transfer to a four-year college or university to further their education and are eligible to take advantage of the many transfer/articulation agreements Union County College has with some of the top four-year colleges and universities in the country. See a transfer advisor for details.