Option offered through Computer Information Systems and Technology
The Web and Mobile Application Development program option is offered through the Computer Information Systems and Technology, A.S. degree. This innovative program is designed for students who would like to specialize in application development while pursuing an information systems and technology degree. The curriculum develops a strong foundation in information systems, database management, and systems analysis and design while students learn how to design and develop web-based and mobile applications.
Students will study and gain experience with programming languages and frameworks, with the design of user interfaces, and with topics such as networking, infrastructure, and security concerns. Students will be prepared for the new technologies that are constantly being developed.
This course of study is supported by relevant business, written and oral communications, and general education courses providing students the background in critical thinking and entrepreneurial savvy to apply to a variety of challenging problems to today’s technology needs.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Develop a mobile or web-based application from conception to completion, using a consistent and branded user experience;
- Create an efficient normalized database and manipulate it using structured query language given a set of specifications;
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation, documentation, and administration of computer-based systems;
- Utilize critical thinking and current technology to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment;
- Discuss the ethical and social responsibilities necessary for IT businesses and organizations;
- Use written, oral, and electronic formats to effectively and professionally communicate to diverse multicultural audiences within a business environment.